Freelance work has grown immensely over the past years and is expected to more increase in the coming years. With such development it is anticipated that freelancers will account to as much as 80% of the entire labor force worldwide by 2030. Formerly thought about as mere side gigs and extra tasks, freelance work has now become a major employment alternative.
One factor for its overwhelming development is the notion that standard 9-to-5 office work is evidently not compatible in this highly interconnected globalized world. Another reasoning behind this worldwide upswing is the corresponding development and elegance of freelance platforms. Which is why we’ve prepared this article to offer you with a detailed analysis of the leading freelance platforms in the market today.
Freelance platforms are important for both workers in addition to companies. An Upwork report shows that 80% of big corporations are planning to increase their use of freelancers. In fact, there is a 30% demand-increase in the variety of work projects accomplished through these kinds of platforms.
If you believe only small businesses use freelance platforms you are in for a surprise. An Accenture report states that 100 of Fortune 500 business are utilizing Upwork. Likewise, freelance work is getting more popular today as more individuals find it successful and hassle-free, which indicates, more talents out there for companies. For more information, please see perkhidmatan servis.
Why Use Freelance Platforms?
What are the advantages of freelance platforms for freelancers and hiring companies? Here are a few of the major advantages to organisations:
- Gain access to talent anywhere. Business can access an international skill swimming pool of thousands of freelancers so they can easily find appropriate employees for their projects. By posting an expert and detailed job post, enterprises can draw in a wave of applications from qualified freelancers.
- Today’s millennials do not desire to be saddled with the uninteresting grind of traditional 9-to-5 work. They want the flexibility to work at their own pace and observe a great balance between their expert and personal lives. They are a benefit to such individuals as they can work to make as much as they need and invest the rest of their time on their other interests and activities.
- Freelancers are a much more economical option. You can get the very same work done at a fraction of the expense.
- Work with skill on demand. You can work with skills on a need-to basis and end their agreement once the work is done. In case a freelancer does not submit good quality work, you can easily terminate their services without the troubles associated with the case of full-time workers.
- Freelancers working from house can conserve this time and rather it spend it on doing additional work to make more money. Freelancers can opt to work at their own rate and do only as numerous projects as they want.
- Support merit-based system. Pay freelancers based on the quality work that they do; freelance platforms have processes to ensure this. As mentioned earlier, they will step in and resolve any conflict that emerges in between the company and freelancer.
What do Freelance Platforms do?
Freelance platforms enable freelancers to create a profile, display their work portfolio, and chat with employers. Thus, companies can contract out labor- and time-intensive work, and focus on their core activities.
What are freelance platforms and what do they provide?
- Shortlist candidates. You can shortlist applicants worldwide and carry out interviews to select good fits for your job. You can examine each prospect’s skills, customer feedback, associated experience, rate, timezone, and language fluency among other aspects to prepare your shortlist for interviews. The method to bring in the very best international skill is to create an impressive online brand name existence. This will develop interest in qualified freelancers and they would wish to work for your job.
- Track work time. Many freelance platforms provide a work journal and desktop app to make it possible for organisations to track work time and outcomes.
- Interaction and cooperation platform. Some platforms offer a workroom and chat tool to make it possible for workers to contact customers at any time for information.
- Quality assurance. Businesses can launch payment only after completely inspecting the final submission for quality and other specified requirements. Plus, they can specify turning points and make payments only after they are sufficiently reached.
- Rate freelancers. These platforms also have a mechanism to rate freelancers based on their outputs. You can highlight your best performers or warn other companies of bothersome freelancers.
Thanks for reading!